I’m a planner. I like to plan my day, my week, and my life in general, but sometimes there are things that are simply out of our control. In a recent turn of events I have found myself in a new mental space where I have to relinquish the idea that I can maneuver my way to desired outcomes. Life happens, illness happens, accidents happen, mistakes happen, and they affect us. Letting go for me means trying to remain present but also remembering that God is always in control, and He truly is the One who knows what is best for us, all the time. A few things that have helped me have peace in tough situations are the following:
- Less screen time
- Reading books that help me learn something new
- Being intentional in my relationships
- Never taking time with family for granted
- Reminding the people I care about how much I love them
- Getting outside of myself and asking others how they are feeling
If you like to feel “in control” like me, I encourage you to look up and trust in God. There is nothing that He can’t do.