This post is extremely appropriate due to the current weather in Miami. I’ve rounded up my list of things to do when the climate is pitiful.
- Lighting is key, I like to mimic sunshine by turning on all the lights to full power as well as taking advantage of ambient lighting (neon signs and salt lamps in my case.) If you live somewhere with perpetual rain I would recommend investing in a good light therapy lamp.
- Other ambiance things that I found help lift my mood when I can’t enjoy the outdoors are scents. I like to use plug ins, reed diffusers, soy candles, as well as an essential oil diffuser (bonus points if your essential oil diffuser lights up a relaxing tone of light, plus the white noise is so soothing IMO.)
- Staying organized: This one is really important for me because on rainy days all I want to do is get back into bed. I write down specific tasks I need to accomplish both daily and weekly.
- Track your mood, taking notice on how I’m feeling and what the causes are behind it have helped me a lot this year. I like using the app Daylio for this, but if you’re still using pen and paper you can pick up a mood journal or use a printable from Pintererst.
- Background noise is the MVP, I use Coffitivity for this.
- Cook comfort foods, mine is grilled cheese and tomato soup <3.
- Buy yourself a bouquet of bright florals.
- If all else fails self-care is key so try to incorporate it into your day however that looks like for you! Read some suggestions here.