I’m not going to lie, there was a phase in quarantine when I was sleeping in late a couple days a week- but I’ve put that past me and am up every day around 8 AM which is early (for me!). Ever since changing this up I have more time in the day, obviously, and indulge in a leisurely morning routine. Here are 7 of my best tips to wake up early and feel super refreshed in the AM.
- Get enough hours of sleep at night! Most people in my life struggle with this and my best advice is to go to bed earlier to set yourself up for success. It’s optimal to get 7-8 hours of sleep. If you’re not well-rested it will be almost impossible to wake up early.
- Organize everything you’ll need in the AM the night before. This for me is my workout clothes or outfit I’ll be wearing, creating my to-do list, and making sure my bag is in order if there are any errands I need to do the next day.
- Visualize. Ok hear me out for this one, imagine yourself waking up feeling refreshed and getting up first thing.
- Optimize the alarms you use. I recommend using a physical alarm instead of your cell phone because this is harder to sleep through, and putting it across the room so that you have to get up to turn it off.
- Stretch first thing. This sets the tone and intention for a great day!
- Drink a glass of water. Starting off hydration early is key for me, and ice cold water does wonder for getting into a state of alertness IMO.
- Have some caffeine. In my case this is a blueberry lavender almond milk matcha latte (insert the drooling emoji) because it is seriously life changing.