It’s 2019, we all know we should be drinking more water. A rule of thumb I try to stick is to drink at least 80 ounces every day. If you want to know how much water you should be drinking specifically for your weight, you can calculate this starting with your weight divided by 2.2. Then multiply the number you get from there with your age. Once you get that number to divide that by 28.3. The answer you get from this should give you the total amount of ounces of water you should drink each day.
- The most obvious reason to drink an ample amount of water is to maintain your skin looking supple and moisturized.
- Increasing your water intake will help strengthen your nails. Say bye to chipping your mani for good.
- H20 flushes out your toxins, I bet you’ve never heard of a water detox, but it’s a thing. Especially when you up your intake when you’ve been slacking.
- When you don’t drink enough water, your body begins to conserve it for vital organs. This leads to hair loss and thinning. Your hair is 1/4 water so this is an important one!
- Drinking enough water stops water retention which also stops your skin from swelling and looking puffy.
- Lastly, how much water you are drinking can impact your mood and brainpower. So if you find yourself feeling like a zombie way too early in the day, reassess your hydration habits.
Some tips I have to increase your water intake, are to buy a cute reusable bottle and take it with you everywhere, track how much you are drinking and remember that drinking water is a fundamental form of self-care for the body and mind.
“Don’t forget to drink water and get some sun. You’re basically a houseplant with more complicated emotions.”