This is tricky because overalls are so cute and a summer staple, but if you don’t pay attention to detail you can end up looking like a little kid. By following these tips and planning your outfit ahead of time, you can wear overalls AND look sophisticated. All this while not having to sacrifice style! I know amazing, read more below.
- Accessorize: I am a firm believer that accessories can make or break any outfit, and overalls are no exception to this. Adding tasteful jewelry and a cute pair of sunglasses while wearing overalls makes your outfit chic instead of barnyard vibes.
- Neutral Top: Overalls are already a lot going on, so keeping things simple with your top in a neutral tone like black, or white is best so nothing clashes.
- Bodysuit: Wear a bodysuit or something snug so you won’t have to be worrying about pulling your shirt down all day.
- Hairstyle: Nothing says summer camp like braids and overalls, and although that is adorable it’s not the look I’m going for. I usually will wear my hair down to avoid looking 12.
- Makeup: If you’re lazy like me and rather sleep in than do a full glam every morning, just wear sunglasses, swipe some concealer where you need it, and put on your favorite bold lip color. Trust me, no one will ever know the difference.